HyVAB – Hybrid Vertical Anaerobic Biofilm
Our most advanced ultra-high rate technology
The HyVAB has been developed by Biowater Technology, with support from The Norwegian Research Council and Innovation Norway, combining Anaerobic Digestion with our patented CFIC® biofilm technology.
Space Saver, Energy Generator
As an ultra-high rate technology, HyVAB offers a footprint significantly smaller than conventional treatment. This is due to an innovative tower arrangement which minimizes sludge production offering considerable saving potential to the end user. HyVAB also offers superb sustainability credentials through the production of a proven high quality biogas bi- product available for power and heat generation, and no odours in operation or in effluent.
How HyVAB works in two steps
- In the bottom of the reactor (the first step) is an anaerobic biological reactor, where 75% of the organic waste is converted into methane gas.
- At the top level of the tower (the second stage) is a new type of aerated biofilm reactor which utilises Biowater’s CFIC® process. This consumes the remaining organics and odorous gases that emerge.
Partner of choice
Biowater support customers from the earliest project stages through to handover and service agreements. Early partnering services include sampling and analysis to understand the specific waste water qualities, and pilot trials using our innovative containerised pilot HyVAB plants.
We will guide you through the process from start
- Upgrade existing plants.
- Greenfield plants.T
- Sampling and pilot studies
- Operational cost analysis
- Process selection
- Service, maintenance and optimisation
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT AND TotEx
The HyVAB design is always improving to keep our technology state of the art and to continuously offer improving value to our customers. Ongoing research and development, and pilot trials for complex non- routine applications/industries maintain the HyVAB as the most advanced ultra-high rate waste water treatment solution.
Specific ongoing trials are optimising HyVAB for:
- Municipal Treatment
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Tobacco Industry.
- Oil Industry
- Combination with tertiary treatment.