A senior leadership role responsible for the delivery of all engineering activities within the company as well as strategically planning for the development of the company’s engineering competence. Reporting to the COO, this is a unique opportunity for a dedicated career professional to lead, develop and grow an inhouse team including both junior and senior engineers. Our engineering manager will be key to ensuring engineering excellence in our delivery now and in future, as well as ensuring the next generation of engineers are motivated and competent to deliver wastewater treatment solutions within industry of increasing global importance.
- Delivery of all engineering activities within the company, ensuring works are in accordance to health, safety and environmental requirements, specification and budget.
- Ensuring quality control and design risk evaluation is adhered to.
- Reporting including resource utilization and necessary investments in engineering staff, systems, and other resources.
- Strategy for the development of the engineering team to be included in annual budgets and business plan, including setting clear short-, medium- and long-term goals.
- Personnel management for those within engineering team including annual appraisals, and training planning.
- Scheduling resource allocation based on ongoing and forthcoming projects.
- Leading recruitment of engineering resources including job descriptions, candidate selection and interview alongside the company HR manager.
- Coordinating engineering resources against tender and project requirements, as necessary.
- Formulating design procedures and ensuring adherence to in all design activities.
- Active part of engineering team, ability to take on one or more of the following is a distinct advantage:
- Process design of biofilm / biological systems, with pre an post treatment processes.
- Tendering activities, particularly for Norwegian Municipal Projects.
- Mechanical design including hydraulic profiles, pump / blower and pipework sizing.
- Structural design
- Commissioning of wastewater treatment plants
- BIM coordination and 3D modelling.
- HAZOP chairperson.
- A career professional with a passion for engineering and flair for innovation.
- A desire to implement environmentally best practice solutions and continuous improvement in systems / delivery.
- Effective resource coordinator, positive to enquiries but able to not over allocate and push back.
- Personnel manager with leadership characteristics including coaching, mentoring and critical friend.
- Able to assimilate all project and tender documentation and identify key technical information and risks.
- Hold technical and commercial aspects in balance, always focused on risks and opportunities.
- Evaluate new solutions and maintain a structured approach for implementation of new technologies and solutions.
- Thorough working knowledge of available equipment and supply packages in wastewater treatment applications including but not limited to screens, tanks, biological systems, pumps, sludge handling, biogas handling, electrical and control systems, ventilation and odour removal, instrumentation.
Experience / Qualifications:
- 10+years in the Norwegian Wastewater treatment industry, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Qualified to Bachelor / Master level in an engineering.
- Proven abilities in team leading, building teams and staff management.
- Person management responsibility of a team of at least 10+ staff.
- Experience of multiple from of contract including NS8407/NS8417, NL09 and Orgalime S2012.
- Proven abilities to mentor junior engineers
- Knowledge of ISO9001 and NORSOK standards and Norsk Vann standards is a major advantage.
- Knowledge of BIM and multidiscipline coordination and well as 3D modelling workflows is an advantage.
- A Senior project manager or bid manager of considerable experience, working with major projects and bids within Norwegian wastewater treatment sector. Value range 10 – 150MNok per project, 50MNok typical.
- An engineering manager / senior engineer / senior designer (with personnel management responsibilities) focused on wastewater treatment design and engineering contractor
- A lead engineer for a Norwegian municipal wastewater treatment plant with a consultancy firm