Senior Mechanical Engineer
A senior role for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual leading the technical detailing of our biological treatment projects from process design to a fully detailed and buildable solution.
- Selecting equipment (including undertaking necessary design) based on the performance parameters of the process design, requirements of customer specifications, applicable standards and whole life cost.
- Reviewing process design and assessing risks for consideration in the detailed design, specially related to mechanical engineering.
- Leading the production of the complete detailed design comprising all components, instruments and equipment, in association with CAD Engineers and subcontractors (including electrical).
- Validating the performance of the design solution on site as part of the commissioning stage and post handover. Mechanical Completion.
- Compiling technical information including O&M manuals for handover to the customer.
- Technical input into enquiries and concept designs during the tender stage.
- Developing standard design specifications for our technologies and for specific projects.
- Team player and excited by new challenges and technologies in an expanding business.
- Confident, diplomatic, personable and customer/partner focussed.
- Technically proficient to undertake multidiscipline design aspects with autonomy including pump / blower selection, hydraulic*/piping design, material selection, structural design. Good appreciation of electrical and ICA interfaces.
- Passionate about continuous improvement of technical solutions and maintaining a structures approach to reducing whole life cost of new and advancing technology.
- Specific knowledge of Autodesk Plant 3D / P&ID, Inventor and Revit are a distinct advantage.
Experience / Qualifications:
- 7+ years experience as Senior Engineer / Designer in project based industrial organization
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Master’s preferrable, however relevant experience can compensate, and be advantageous.
- Proven record in leading mechanical design for complex process projects involving hydraulics*, process equipment and structures including tanks and vessels.
- Experience of structural design, pipe codes, tanks and biogas regulation are advantageous.
- Developing, monitoring and improving company systems with respect to engineering and design practices
- Excellent working knowledge of wastewater engineering standards and regulations concerning safety in design.
- Excellent knowledge of materials/coatings, equipment and components commonly used in the wastewater industry.
- Knowledge of biogas / anaerobic wastewater technology is a distinct advantage.
- Experience of HAZOP and design risk management.
- Good written and spoken language abilities in both English and Norwegian.
- Good knowledge of ISO 9001 quality assurance and good engineering practices.
- Good fluency with IT including word and excel.
- We are considering candidates as we receive applications. If you are interested send your application now.
- Workplace: Head office, Tønsberg, Norway / home office flexible
- • Project management at Biowater project sites mainly in Norway but potentially other countries in a part time/supervisory capacity.
- Start: Asap
- Duration: Permanent