A senior role for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual leading the technical detailing of our biological water treatment projects from process design to a fully detailed and buildable solution.
- Team player and excited by new challenges and technologies in an expanding business.
- Confident, diplomatic, personable and customer/partner focused.
- Technically proficient to undertake multidiscipline design aspects with autonomy including pump / blower selection, hydraulic design, material selection, MEICA (Mechanical Electrical Instrumentation Control Automation,interfaces.
- Passionate about continuous improvement of technical solutions and maintaining a structured approach to reducing whole life cost of new and advancing technology.
Experience / Qualifications:
- 7+ years experience as Senior Engineer / Designer or Engineering Manager in the field of Water / Wastewater Engineering with experience of both on‐site and office based roles.
- Masters degree qualified in an Engineering discipline, (Mechanical preferable).
- Experience of managing the engineering function of a wastewater engineering company / SME with proven results.
- Developing, monitoring and improving company systems with respect to engineering and design practices
- Excellent working knowledge of wastewater engineering standards and regulations concerning safety in design.
- Excellent knowledge of materials, equipment and components commonly used in the wastewater industry.
- Knowledge of biogas / anaerobic wastewater technology is a distinct advantage.
- Experience of HAZOP and design risk management.
- Good written and spoken language abilities in both English and Norwegian.
- Good knowledge of ISO 9001 quality assurance and good engineering practices.
- Good fluency with IT including word and excel. MS project and AutoCAD is an advantage.
- Head office, Tønsberg Norway
- Project management at Biowater project sites mainly in Norway but potentially other countries in a part time / supervisory capacity.
- Selecting equipment (including undertaking necessary design) based on the performance parameters of the process design, requirements of customer specifications, applicable standards and whole life cost.
- Reviewing process design and assessing risks for consideration in the detailed design.
- Leading the production of the complete detailed design comprising all components, instruments and equipment, in association with CAD Engineers and subcontractors (including electrical).
- Validating the performance of the design solution on site as part of the commissioning stage and post handover.
- Compiling technical information including O&M manuals for handover to the customer.
- Managing CAD Engineering resource and reporting directly to company Chief Operating Officer on all matters concerning company detailed engineering / design functions.
- Leading company systems and procedures related to design and detailed engineering.
- Technical input into enquiries and concept designs during the tender stage.
- Developing standard design specifications for our technologies and for specific projects.
- Salary and benefits to be agreed upon, depending on qualifications and experience